Tuesday 19 November 2013

The game: My Game Part 6 - (dev. log) : My games WIP topic

Hi Friend,
it has been a really productive month for me in terms of development on this game and exposure to the outside world. I decided to start a WIP project topic on the official game maker community forums, which has really showed a positive response from the community. It also is helping me significantly to get more people testing my game and help me find bugs to improve it by their suggestions. For all people helping me out there, I'm really grateful! 

Also this topic post is the reason I found my first sound engineer, whom was so impressed by the project that he was willing to work on it for free until the day it is published...really nice when success breeds success. So I think the model of proving to people first that you are serious with a demo, and progress is the way to go instead of just spamming the internet with team requests of your idea. Ideas float in the air, so make sure to start as soon possible to make your ideas into real products or demos.

So yeah, now the game demo sounds are also improving, with a rather cool retro pew pew atmosphere.

I have done so much in terms of the game development that it will be easier for you to follow my WIP topic, where I will also maintain the latest demo for the time being. 
Here is that link now:

Will you please go try out the latest demo there, the inventory system is working so much better now and the crafting chest inventory also works...as soon as my game engine runs smooth with no bugs, I need to add light effects for day/night cycle and then can focus more on game goals and giving a sense of direction for the player...

On a personal note, I joined an awesome shared work space, where freelancers and business start-ups are joining and sharing the same office space. It is really exciting and productive, and get me to a schedule to focus more. So let us hope this improves the productivity even more...I do recommend this to anyone rather than working alone from home.

Thanks for reading this, I appreciate your time and feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment