Thursday 31 October 2013

The game: My Game Part 4 - (dev. log)

Hi Friends,
I finally got around to do my first video of this game: my robot survival indie game which you can see below...

The game is not nearly where I hoped it would be already, but that said it is really rewarding to see this video myself and that I have some progress to show you today! There is currently only 1 enemy, more to come...

Please view it and leave some comments and thought you have on the game and where you think it should go to make it fun, and maybe different from existing games, after you watch this video. My apologies for poor video sound quality, this is my first ever video I make online also!

With no further ado...

My next steps planned, include:
+ All metals restore physical health += Hearts
- New Recipe: 1xZink + 1xCopper = 1xAlloy
- Copper +5% / Zink +10% / Alloy + 20%
- Add Zink / Copper as drops to oEnemy = oRazorMole
- Add oEnemy OilSquid and AcidSquid!!!
+ Add enemies:
- OilSquid - drops Oil for restoring Oil
- AcidSquid - drops Acid, for making and charging batteries to full.

In the actual game, there wont be so many full batteries and acid, etc drops lying about most will have to be scavenged from other robot enemies and crafted... 

Please leave your impressions now in the comments of this indie game, made with GameMaker Studio, by me aka Boysano.

Thanks for watching!

Edit: Hmm I see there are many other video with games called RoboCraft...so if you can help me think of a better name that is unused for my game please let me know in the comments as well? This is also why I edited all my articles and removed the RoboCraft name, until I find a unique name which is also fitting.

1 comment:

  1. Just a short update:
    I've already completed these next steps:
    My next steps planned, include:
    + All metals restore physical health += Hearts
    - New Recipe: 1xZink + 1xCopper = 1xAlloy
    - Copper +5% / Zink +10% / Alloy + 20%
    - Add Zink / Copper as drops to oEnemy = oRazorMole
    - Add oEnemy AcidSquid!!!

    But the enemies are still very basic and needs a lot of work to make more challenging, or I must just add more enemy robots...

    Also optimised my code a bot, and made a few scripts which I will reuse alot, like item drops from enemies etc.

    Also relised it is time to improve user feedback, so I added a few basic sounds. Still need to add attack animations and indicate better when player takes damage or restores health with some kind of red/green flashing around the sprite based player HUD. (ie hearts, oil and power sprites)

    Lots to do still before I can have a fun demo though...but going strong!

    ReplyDelete